With the launch of my new website, I thought it would be worth it to quickly describe which software tools I’m using to produce the content that I post on patrickbrown.org. This is an always changing topic, but given my transition to professional quality tools in the past year, I thought it would be worth sharing which ones I am finding most useful right now.
- HostMonster.com for site hosting (previously a combination of Blogger for the blog and HostMonster for online photo galleries)
- WordPress.org for website/content management (previously Blogger)
- Alyeska responsive theme for WordPress
- Windows Live Writer for blog post authoring. This is a great tool that is similar to MS Word and even lets you author posts offline. It is one of my favorite Microsoft tools, and it’s amazing that more people don’t know about it and use it.
- Adobe Lightroom 4 for photo library management, editing, and gallery creation/sharing to FaceBook and patrickbrown.org
- Juicebox photo gallery creation tool with plugin for Lightroom to quickly create and post photo galleries to patrickbrown.org
- CyberLink PowerDirector 10 for video editing (see previous article Video Editing Software Comparison)